Wednesday 19 January 2011

Fela!

By the skin of my teeth I was lucky enough to get tickets to see Fela! last week.  I'm not going to review it.  There are reviews, professional and otherwise, the length and breadth of the internet and they are universally positive.  I don't have anything to add.  Just go and see the show and you'll understand. 

But it did raise a few issues for me that I'll be addressing in the next few weeks, when I actually find the time and mental accuity to write something.  I have no idea why I'm so exhausted right now.  I'm going to suggest that I should probably stop being a bum and do some exercise since I'm doing everything else, taking my vitamins, sleeping a lot, eating right, drinking water, but running never actually materialised.  I think if I focus on the endorphin rush which I loved last year, I might be able to kick start something this weekend.  We'll see.

That was a bit of a tangent.

Yes Fela! (and I feel like the exclamation mark is important and should always be included) gave me ideas, so look out for them in the next few weeks.



Spike Lee - "The african butt shaking, hehehe" - seriously - these chicks were not playyyyyyying.  I've been doing my clock daily (Fela! joke - go see it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment