Wednesday 2 September 2009

there ain't no party like a HOUSE PARTY!



I am aware that I am a lil late to the party.

Actually if I'm honest I am the houseguest that turned up at 6am after the police raided and just in time to help the clean up crew.

I'm late.

This weekend I watched the classic 1990's film House Party...

...FOR THE FIRST TIME

Like I said - late.

My only excuse is that I was only 5 when it came out and I have parents that severely restricted my viewing habits up to the age of 15, by which time I was pretty book smart, but I missed all the classics of my generation.

I have been asked by the friend that introduced me to House Party to make a list of all the classics that I have yet to see. This could be embarrassing since right now I class my self as a (lapsed) cinephile.
(Lapsed because I now work on Orange Wednesdays - freaking sacriledge!)

The List (black films for now)

  • Boomerang (and most of Eddie's films)
  • Jungle Fever
  • Poetic Justice
  • House Party 2 (and 3 and 4)
  • New Jack City
  • Malcolm X (which is sitting under my bed as we speak -my cheeks are shame coloured)

Have I missed anything?

Please let me know - the plan is to have a movie weekender and catch up.

I also missed a LOT of sci-fi and horror classics. I'm sure they'll get their own list soon.

For the record, I loved Kid, he was such a clueless cutie (Play not so much). And this may be one of the few films I like Martin Lawrence in - he cracked me up. I still don't like him in Bad Boys - sue me. Darryl Mitchell, who I recognised from Channel 4 day-time tv show Ed, was in there as Chill. I couldn't place the face initially so I googled him (as I do) and found that in 2001 he was paralysed from the waist down (paraplegic) hence him being in a wheelchair on Ed is not acting. Tragic.

Tisha (from My Wife and Kids?) also starred. And hot DAMN, her body was freaking inspirational!! Her lil round face belied the wash board abs and toned legs and reminded me that it is time to start the winter gym attempts in the hope that next summer I can look bikini ready (this summer I most definitely was NOT).

No comments:

Post a Comment