Sunday 13 September 2009

What a week...

I'm lying in bed, my first lie-in of the week and I am enjoying the hell out of it. The past week was my first full week back at uni since the summer and I had forgotten the mind numbing exhaustion that late nights and early mornings can induce. Next week is all about the 10.30pm bedtime, let's see how that feels.

It has been an alright weekend I guess. A lil disappointing. Friday night me and my girl D went out to dinner at one of the jerk restaurants on Wardour Street to discuss life, love and the human condition (as you do). Firstly, the food was uniformly dry, like surface of mars dry - there may have once been moisture, but it was long gone. I didn't even know it was possible to dry out mac and cheese like that and I had been looking forward to it all day! Boooo! Secondly the service was crap, but, well, you know the stereotype so whatever - no tip for you.

Anywho, I digress. After our conversation covered life and work it turned to men. Now D is confused as hell because she has a friend who is sending her mixed up and confused signals. D's friend, who she likes, recently has started to kiss her. Unfortunately this friend is so laid back that he is near comatose and so she has no idea what else to expect. Add to this, that he not a big talker and "I don't know" is a standard answer to most things. Irritating, no? Originally when I first heard about this guy I was backing team J hard! Now he just sounds lazy. Booo to laziness, D deserves better.

D's story was just another addition to the foolishness that I have been suffering from all week! I call it Y chromosome foolishness because yes, it has been gender specific.

Two examples after the jump:

Example 1

I decided to walk half way home from work last week. August was health month but I have since been neglecting my body so I walked. It was pleasant, through the park, past the gorgeous houses of the other half (oh how they live) then across the road to get the bus that would take me home. I was good, I usually just take my life in my hands and jay walk, but today I went to the zebra crossing...

...and crossed...

...and almost died as some idiot in a silver BMW swerved around me on the crossing and continued on his speedy way.

Jackass

Obviously in too much of a hurry to let me finish crossing. But not, it seems, in too much of a hurry to pull over further down the road and try and talk to me! The g forces he was experiencing must have affected his brain somewhat, because that is damn foolish behaviour.

and Example 2

Around 3 weeks ago, my ex took great pleasure in telling me about the perfection that was his new girlfriend. She was beautiful, she was 'down for him', even informed me that the sex was good, all without prompting. I know he was itching for a reaction so, being the quite contrary girl that I am, I smiled and wished him good luck. After some deep soul searching I realised l wasn't being contrary, I was being honest. I wished him all the luck in the world. Which I guess means I'm properly over him! (woop woop!).

So why is it that after 3 weeks of a facebook status change - he is already getting itchy feet?

3 weeks?

Peter Andre and Jordan lasted longer than 3 weeks!

You look foolish.

*Prays that Sunday marks the start of a new sense filled week*

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment